Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Busy Week – Table Runner

Too many deadlines this week. Friends are getting married on Friday and last week Dolly said why don’t we weave them something. So, I took her up on the offer and she wound the warp, I beamed it, she threaded and sleyed, and now I’m weaving. Goal is 20” per day for the next three days and then off the loom and into the washer and dryer Friday morning.

On top of that, I’m twisting fringe on three scarves that just came off one of the looms and I’m starting to weave two deflected doubleweave scarves that I hope to have all done by Sunday because Monday is jury day at the gallery. I’m thinking the beginning of next week will not see much weaving – I’ll need a break.

My amiga, Catherine Mayo, who has a great writer’s blog, just had a post about blogging, and she advises writers to write about something other than their new book. I’m thinking it might be nice to blog about something other than what’s on the loom – maybe I’ll post more.

Anyway, here’s the design for the table runner. It’s basically a shadow weave design with some variations.  I’m pretty sure these friends don’t read my blog ;-)

runner-2010

1 comment:

Donna Hudson said...

I just discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading. Your table runner is lovely and what a wonderful wedding gift. I also dabble in bookbinding, so hope you add some commentary on that as well. Hope you get all your projects finished by week's end.'

Donna